Friday, July 13, 2012

My Everyday Mantel



Welcome if you are coming from the Kelly's Korner link up for "Show us your mantels".

This is what I call my "everyday" mantel. I tried to vary the heights, keep it predominately red, add in a little sage green to match my furniture and keep the scale large. Since my mantel is built all the way to the ceiling, anything small scale gets lost. I am so not a decorator, but I'm happy with how it looks.

My favorite part of decorating for holidays is being creative with my mantel. My fall mantel will go up in October and stay decorated until Thanksgiving when it changes to Christmas. I will post photos in the fall:)

Have a great weekend! I am off to the pool with my daughters. The Hunger Games is the book in my pool bag and I am determined to finish it today :)



Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (27) family (160) florida (125) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (131) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (533) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (26) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved