Things I'm thinking about today.
- We finally got some rain in Michigan! I guess if you blog about it - it will happen ;-)
- I'm a little late to the party when it comes to the Hunger Games books. I tend to resist any kind of book series that everyone is reading. But, I won a gift bag In a silent auction at my daughter's sorority house and The Hunger Games book was included in it. I decided to put it in my pool bag and give it a try. To my surprise, I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't find some of the characters extremely likable, but the concept of the games was compelling and the details of the settings and characters were well written. While Katniss is definitely a heroic and intelligent character, her emotions left me a little cold. Only with Rue and her sister could the reader see what she was capable of feeling. Should I see the movie?
- Is anyone watching Real Housewives of NYC? I am enjoying it so far. The conflict is silly and not really that hurtful. Carole is one smart lady and I enjoy her take on the other women. It is fun to see someone finally put the Countess in her place. A princess does trump a countess in reality tv land!
- I am so happy the Orange County Housewives are done. I think it is time for me to walk away from this one. Instead of making me laugh, the fighting began to stress me out. There is too much glee on the women's face's (especially Tamara) when they say things to hurt one another.
- Who is looking forward to the Bachelorette finale? I do read the spoilers (my lips are sealed here) so I know who Emily is rumored to pick :-)
- I went to lunch with a friend today for a late birthday celebration. We went to a new restaurant, had a glass of wine and relaxed and talked for a few hours. Isn't there something so special about time spent with your girlfriends. No worries, just girl talk about everything under the sun. And the wine is a bonus!