Friday, August 31, 2012

Go Green



Michigan State University is my alma mater and football season starts this weekend. We love football Saturdays and everything associated with them.

We love being on campus on crisp fall days. We love tailgating. We love walking to the stadium in the crowd of Spartan fans all dressed in green and white. We love singing the fight song and cheering when MSU scores a touchdown. We love watching the marching band at halftime.

We love wearing our green and white on game days. We love going to our favorite campus restaurant after the games - the same place we have been going to since we were students.

We love that the MSU roots go deep in our family. My father played football there, my husband and I are college sweethearts and alumni and my daughter Melissa is currently a student and is on the Pom team.

We are looking forward to a weekend filled with bright sunny skies, spending time with friends and hopefully; a victory for MSU!



Vicki



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a weekend full of fun! I can hear you cheering from Georgia:) Have a blessed day dear Vicki, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time!! I have many of the same memories, just a different team in Michigan ;)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, just recently stumbled across your blog via another and am enjoying reading my way through it. If you're interested, I've nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. Come on over and pick it up! theflakyfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved