Friday, August 17, 2012

Welcoming Outdoor Details



In Kelly's Korner "show us your life" series today, she is asking her readers to share their front porch and patio spaces. These outdoor spaces can be the first impression of your home and also reflect its personality. I use as many welcoming details as I can; including flowers, pillows, cushions and lighting. These details will say to your visitors and friends; hello, relax and stay a while.

These sunny, yellow Black Eyed Susans give a welcoming hello as you approach my front porch. They also show my love of gardening.

The Sunflower wreath on the front door and the pots of Geraniums off to the side, give the front porch a splash of color. These pots will be filled with brightly colored mums in the fall and then miniature trees, with lights, in the winter; helping to dispel the gloom of shorter days. The wreath will change for the seasons and holidays.

My patio, in the back of the house, is a calming, relaxing place to sit and listen to the sounds of the woods. I use pillows, cushions, placemats and a pretty pitcher with flowers to make my table inviting.

This spot welcomes my guests to sit and enjoy a glass of iced tea or wine on a beautiful summer day.

Also important to outdoor spaces is lighting, such as candles or lanterns. Look for soft lighting that will not attract too many bugs. We purchased this light fixture a few years ago and it has been great for our patio. It does not require wiring; just an outdoor plug.

Other welcoming details on my patio include a slate, personalized welcome sign hanging on the brick wall and cheerful pots of Geraniums.

It is all these simple details that will welcome your guests to your home and make them relax and enjoy their visit.

Have a great weekend :-)



Vicki

19 comments:

  1. It does look very welcoming! Makes me long for Autumn... I love decorating the front porch with pumpkins and gourds.
    thanks for the inspirational post. Found you on the friday blog hop.
    Diane
    ATA Girls
    Treasuring Grace
    Foster Parent Rescue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that this looks very welcoming. I love all the decor. Stopping by from the blog hop and would love a follow and comments.

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am here to return the favor. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and as luck would have it I'm redecorating my back deck. Stopping by from Friday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is so cute and cozy - thanks for sharing! Feel free to return the visit - I linked up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had planned to do lots to the patio this year but our Summer weather has not been good! I am looking forward to decorating the porch for fall:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I love black-eyed susans - so cheery and welcoming. You've done a lovely job decorating the outside of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is looking so great! I wish we had an outdoor space of our own. :( Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Blog Walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel welcome and I'll have a glass of tea, please:) I have some fluffing to do on my porch, thanks for the inspiration! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by from Kelly's Korner , love the welcoming with the tea. your pictures are inviting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love your post! Great job.
    I'm your new follower from Wednesday Blog Party.

    Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you have a beautiful home. I love all the flowers and plants in front.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for joining me! Shall we have fun? YES!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I didn't link up with Kelly's Korner today (have a few times), but found you on the Friday Blog Hop.


    Now following you and would love a GFC follow back as well as for you to join in the Weekend Blog Walk blog hop at http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com. We've got a great group of bloggers linking up every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a warm and welcoming home; thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely and I adore black eyed susan's. Visiting from Simple Sunday's, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute pictures lady!
    Following from the blog hop. Yahoo :)

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! And I had no idea those flowers were called Black Eyed Susans...my mothers name is Susan so that just gave me a whole new appreciation for that flower. All of your pictures make me feel like I would love to come over for a visit!! :) Found you on the Monday Mingle hop and glad I did...please come visit my blog and make yourself at home :)

    ~Kristen
    mamawinkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely, so relaxing and inviting. Wonderful job on the decorating!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved