Wednesday, August 8, 2012

White Chocolate Berry Trifle (Melissa's Birthday Trifle)



Today I made the most delicious trifle for my daughter Melissa's 19th birthday celebration. As a family, we do not love cake, and this is what Melissa always picks for her special day. The white chocolate pudding, along with the delicious summer berries make this trifle recipe full of flavor. And the best thing, is that I used fat free pudding, fat free whipped topping and sugar free angel food cake. Don't tell anyone - it's so good, no one would ever know, it is a healthy dessert. It is great in the summer, but I have also made it for Christmas entertaining and it looks pretty on a holiday table. You can add blueberries too, for a red white and blue celebration.



White Chocolate Berry Trifle Recipe

2 sugar free angel food cakes, tear in small to medium pieces

4 cups fat free white chocolate pudding ( 2 small boxes)

4 cups Strawberries, sliced

4 cups Raspberries

16 ounce fat free whipped topping, reserve 1 cup for top of trifle

Fold together pudding and whipped topping.

In a large trifle bowl, layer cake, pudding mixture and fruit. Repeat all layers, finishing with a pretty layer of raspberries and strawberries and a dollop of whipped topping. Serves 12



My beautiful 19 year old will be enjoying this with 10 of her closest friends at a sleepover tonight. Hopefully, my husband and I will get a taste before 10 girls share the entire bowl with 10 spoons :-)

Happy Birthday Melissa! You are such a joy to me everyday. I can't believe this is your last year as a teenager. xxoo



Vicki




Linking this week with:

Full Circle Creations

Serenity Now

Funky Junk Interiors

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen

Savvy Southern Style

New link parties :-)











20 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your lovely daughter. The Trifle looks delicious. I'll have to copy the recipe.
    Thanks for following me and I am following you back.
    Have a great day.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trifle looks amazing!! Happy b-day to your daughter!! Susan @ The Secret to Having It All

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks super yummy!!!!

    I found your blog through followers to friends from I am Pisces blog. I am now following you. :) http://toritherebelangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa is beautiful and I wish her a wonderful birthday, and year! The trifle looks great, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice post...I'd rather have that trifle than a traditional cake any day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, Melissa is a real cutie. Happy Birthday to her. My family is not a cake loving family either. I make trifle, but have never used the white chocolate pudding. It sounds so yummy! I agree that you can not tell that it is sugar free. Thanks for sharing this yummy dish with Share Your Cup.
      Hugs,
      Jann

      Delete
  6. Sorry, don't know what I did to make my comment come in as a reply.
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would choose this as my birthday treat too! Forget the cake - bring on some pudding, especially if it's white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to a beautiful young lady. That desert is scrumptous looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! Your daughter is beautiful...oh to be 19 again. Came across you from the TGIF Blog hop and can't wait for my daughter to have loud sleepovers! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my gosh she is gorgeous and what a lucky girl to have such a yummy treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found you with the weekend wonders blog hop! Love the trifle!! Will try it Sunday! Check out my blog if you have time!! Connie/Sadieloohoo
    http://sadieloohoo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your daughter, and what a great dessert you made for her. I wish I had some because it looks so good! I'll give it a try! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – it helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so good. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party. And happy b-day to your daughter!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks amazing!! stopping by from marvelous monday - hope you'll come visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy birthday to your beautiful daughter!
    If i were you I would not count on getting a taste.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Michigan State fans! We are BIG TIME state fans in this house.. Actually I am writing this in my fave state sweatshirt I wear every Saturday in the fall :) I was just thinking yesterday about how I'm sooo happy football season is near.

    Happy birthday to your daughter too :) Thanks so much for linking this up to our Weekend Wonders party! We hope to see you back again on Thursday :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love trifles, and so happy you shared this delish recipe at 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christnas'. So happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this recipe. It is pretty, easy to make and so springy. Thanks for sharing at Saturday Dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved