Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Welcoming Christmas Foyer

 
When you come to my home during the holidays, the first thing you see is my tall Christmas tree that fits perfectly in the two story foyer. I love the soft glow of the lights and the welcoming feel it brings, front and center, when you enter.

My tree is decorated in warm red and bright gold ornaments, sparkly gold garland and soft gold bows.

These sweet, burlap birds were a new addition this year and I think they add a nice, natural element to contrast with the gold.

While all these ornaments make the tree pretty, it is the sentimental ornaments that make the tree special to our family. Each ornament tells a story and makes our tree unique to us.

My stairway railing stands out next to the tree with color and a touch of gold. I put together a garland with red berries and gold branches and wound it around the railing all the way to the open second floor.

Hanging vases are filled with seasonal and natural elements with an unexpected sparkle added for fun.

Other welcoming touches include the handmade paper angel on top of the tree, the small heart ornaments that hang from a mirror going up the stairs, a cute arrangement for the inside of the front door and a bright red jingle bell pillow that hangs from a doorknob

The red and gold colors are warm and welcoming touches that bring the warmth of Christmas to my foyer.

Have a merry day!

 

{Linking with these friends}

Full Circle Creations

Savvy Southern Style

Handy Man Crafty Woman

The DIY Dreamer

The Charm of Home

Simple Home Life

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Serenity Now

Funky Junk Interiors

I Heart Naptime

Sunny Simple Life

Between Naps on the Porch

Alderberry Hill

Salt Tree

The Dedicated House

Cozy Little House

a bowl full of lemons

Love and Laundry

Kathe with an E

Life on Lakeshore Drive

Katherine's Corner

My Repurposed Life

Craftberry Bush

Live Laugh Rowe

A Delightsome Life

Cedar Hill Ranch

Skip To My Lou

Stonegable

The Shabby Creek Cottage

Rooted in Thyme

The Girl Creative

At The Picket Fence

Debbiedoo's

A Stroll Thru Life

The Thrifty Groove

The Tablescaper

Jennifer Rizzo

Kelly's Korner

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful and welcoming:) Love the burlap birds! Have a blessed day dear Vicki, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tall tree to welcome visitors to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tree and decorations! It's a perfect spot !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your decorating...what a lovely welcome.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY pretty! Oh, how I wish we had a 2-story foyer! The trees I would put in there!!! Yours is beautiful. Happy holidays to you and yours! Visiting from Kathe With An E's blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks so lovely for the holidays. Love your two story tree that welcomes all who enter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, your home is so welcoming and cheery. I bet Christmas time is a favorite time of year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful and very welcoming. Makes me sigh....sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki: Congratulations on winning Kathy's book. Enjoy it.
    By the way, you have a very festive and beautiful home. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! !!! Congrats on the win over at frau's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Hi! I'm your newest follower and was kinda maybe sorta hopin' that you'd hop on by my blog and follow me back!!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning...so nice to meet you. I love your foyer with the tree...how wonderful to walk in to your home and be welcomed with that!!...I'm loving those burlap birds!!...great addition...now following along...happy decorating, Mariaelena...please stop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! Everything just ties together so well! You always have such an eye for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have similar taste to mine. That foyer look exactly like the one in my last house-paint color, tree, everything! I even have that gold and glitter ornament. :)
    Your home is lovely.
    Blessings!
    Holly
    http://thesouthernhomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the tree and the railing. So many great ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to have an entryway like yours! What a lovely tree! Thanks so much for linking up at 'it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas'. So happy to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love you tree it is so fun and festive! It is so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow - I love the decorated banister. So pretty.

    I'm stopping by from Katherine's Corner blog hop.

    Happy Favorite Things Thursday!

    http://artpark78.com/blog1/i-made-my-2012-holiday-wreath/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tree is so beautiful and so is your railing. I have a similar entry and that is exactly where I place my tree too!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything looks so beautiful! I love the berries in the handrails!
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I had a foyer to decorate! That is soooo beautiful and welcoming! I linked your website on my recent post with your beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just a perfect tree! Thanks for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this - I have a two story foyer that would be perfect for a tree like that, but I am always too lazy to move the chest that lives in that spot! Beautiful decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty and I totally agree with you. It's the sentimental ornaments that mean the most. I did a new tree this year with all new ornaments...it's not the same.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your tree is gorgeous in your foyer. Great place to put it to welcome friends and family into your lovely home.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the idea of having a tree in a two-story entry. Yours looks gorgeous. I am going to be featuring it tomorrow night at my Winter Blues Wednesday party (Fall into Fall). The party will be opening Wednesday at 12:01am instead of Tuesday night at 8pm EST because I am participating in the blogger day of silence tomorrow. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Everything looks so happy and cheerful all decked out for Christmas. thank you for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved