Things I am thinking about today...
- These clementines (Cuties) are my favorite healthy snack right now. They are the perfect diabetic snack, because the small size encourages portion control. At 8 carbs per clementine, I can have two per serving and still not spike my blood sugar. They are high in fiber, which also helps with control. It is hard to find fresh fruit without paying a lot, this time of year. These are a great option.
- I just started reading Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio and so far it is really interesting. It takes place in two time periods; present day and 1933. A Blackberry Winter, the name for a late spring snow storm, hits Seattle in May. A reporter investigates the never solved disappearance of a child during the last time such a snowstorm occurred - 1933. The scene where the mother discovers her child is missing is well written and heartbreaking. I love a good mystery, so I am looking forward to finding out what happens.
- I haven't written about reality tv in a while, but I have been watching. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills has left us with a bit of a mystery. What is the big secret that Brandi told? The fall out has been interesting and I am not a fan of Kyle's treatment of Brandi at her dinner party. What kind of hostess lets a guest be attacked at her dinner table? Of course drama and tears ensued.
- The Bachelor started Monday and since I was watching the football game, I missed watching it live. I tried to watch it on line, but the first show is just too repetitive, with all the introductions. Some of the women were amusing, but I look forward to the time when there are less to keep track of. I don't have an opinion of Sean yet - I need to see more.
- It is going to be in the 50's and raining here the next couple days - in January - in Michigan. I hate this crazy weather. I'm sad all the snow will melt into a slushy mess. I like the snow - I am crazy like that :-)