My friend had a few of us over on Sunday to watch the red carpet coverage and the Oscars. It was a perfect evening, filled with laughter and a healthy dose of critique towards an awards show that tends to take itself a little too seriously.
The first thing we did when we arrived, was to fill out our Oscar ballot. I only saw Argo and Les Miserables, so most of my picks were strictly guesses. But, I loved both of those movies and would have been happy about either one winning best picture.
Our hostess outdid herself with wonderful food. We had delicious cheese and crackers, fruit, veggies, salmon and one of my favorites - mussels steamed with wine and garlic. And, of course we enjoyed some lovely white wine in our wine glasses :-)
Here are some of our observations and what made us laugh.
- We loved Jennifer Lawrence's dress, hair and total look. Hollywood glamour at its best.
- We had mixed feelings on the host. Sometimes funny (sock puppets), but sometimes the jokes fell flat. The singing and dancing in the introduction was unexpected and our favorite.
- We all agreed that Jane Fonda looks amazing for her age and we want to use her plastic surgeon, if we ever decide to go that route.
- We were appalled that Catherine Zeta Jones was obviously lip syncing, but thought Jennifer Hudson was great and the Les Miz cast gave us chills.
- We were amazed at Renee Zellweger - her botoxed face, as well as her inability to stand with normalcy on the stage. There was something strange going on with her.
- Michelle Obama had no place announcing the best picture - give the honor to someone from Hollywood.
The length of the show was crazy, but the laughter of friends, made it a fun night.
Have a great day!
Linking with Mockingbird Hill Cottage, A Favorite Thing