Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Shamrock Print - Pinterest Success #16

 

St. Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday to decorate for, with colorful green shamrocks galore. Over the years, I have picked up St. Patrick's Day decorations here and there and now have many festive and cute items to display throughout my house. They add a touch of spring, when it is sorely needed here. I always look to St. Patrick's Day and my daughters birthday in March, as a sign the snow will be melting and spring is really on its way for good.

I found this black and white printable on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect for the look I wanted. My plan was to decorate the frame with green ribbon and shamrocks, so the black and white print, as well as the white frame would make the green color pop. The printable download and the original pin can be found here.

This was a very easy project. After putting the printable in the frame, I simply glued the ribbon and the shamrocks on the frame, in a random fashion. I love how the green stands out against the black and white. This will hang in my laundry room and we will see it every time we enter the house from the garage.

Have a great day!

 

{Linking with these friends}

Lil Luna

I Love You More Than Carrots

Southern Lovely

Two Yellow Birds

Diana Rambles

Somewhat Simple

Your Home Based Mom

Six Sisters Stuff

Keep Calm and Carry On

Tutus and Tea Parties

Primp

Savvy Southern Style

Handy Man Crafty Woman

The DIY Dreamer

The Charm of Home

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Serenity Now

Funky Junk Interiors

I Heart Naptime

Sunny Simple Life

Between Naps on the Porch

Alderberry Hill

The Dedicated House

Cozy Little House

a bowl full of lemons

Love and Laundry

Kathe with an E

Life on Lakeshore Drive

My Repurposed Life

Craftberry Bush

Live Laugh Rowe

A Delightsome Life

Cedar Hill Ranch

Skip To My Lou

The Shabby Creek Cottage

Rooted in Thyme

The Girl Creative

The Tablescaper

Jennifer Rizzo

DIY by Design

Common Ground

Coastal Charm

 

19 comments:

  1. Love the framed art! I will go take a peek at the printable:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute! Love the sparkly shamrocks! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing your St. Patrick's Day decorations . . . I liked the printable . . . ! And great framed, "getting on the green" piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been so wrapped up in my busy life, which is a-whirl right now, that I completely forgot about St. Patrick's day! I thought we all were getting ready for Easter... LOL! Lovely touches of green for this celebration and glad you are on top of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day. The green definitely adds a nice pop of color with the black and white.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute and looks like it was pretty easy to do! That's a great combo in my book! Thanks for sharing this! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very festive!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, and it does all work so well together.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I guess I officially need to put my snowman away and move into St. Patty's day/Spring decor, huh? :)
    Stopping by from the SPD linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! I have been looking for St. Patty's project ideas! Would you consider sharing this and any other projects that you might have over at my Pinterest Power party?

    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2013/02/20/pinterest-power-party-7-2.html

    Thanks!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with this. I find St. Pat's Day to be one of the harder holidays to decorate for (maybe it's because I'm not Irish? LOL! But that sure doesn't stop me from decorating for it). I actually think it's because so much of the St. P's decor is a bit on the glitzy side. I love your project. It's perfect for the season and not a bit glitzy!

    Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is adorable! I am constantly amazed at the creativity of my fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I host a DIY link party every Monday and would love for you to join! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-diyers-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicki this is very cute. I don't decorate for St. Patty's any more. I use to when the kids were growing up. A few years ago I decided it was on holiday that I could stop so I gave it all to my DIL. Still love having a green dinner with the family. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute!! You did a great job. Love the ribbon you added to the side. So creative. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved