Things I am thinking about today...
- I can't pass up the flower section at the grocery store. I may not always buy something, but it at least smells and looks like spring there. These pretty daisies are on my table now and are a cheerful sight in the morning.
- And speaking of flowers, why am I not familiar with snowdrops? I have been seeing these pretty flowers all over the internet lately and I think they are so simple and so perfect. Flowers that bloom in the snow - just what is needed here. I did a little research and it looks like they will bloom in Michigan; just a little later in the winter. These bulbs will be finding a spot in my yard this fall :-)
- The Bachelor finale is this coming Monday and I usually attend a viewing party. Instead, I will be enjoying a wine pairing dinner with my husband and some friends. Good choice, right? I know the spoilers, so I am just as happy to watch it the next day.
- My 40 Bags in 40 Days Lenten challenge is picking up steam. I finished off the pantry, emptied a trunk in the guest room and sorted some holiday decorations. My total is now 8 bags to donate and 6 bags of trash, for a total of 14. It feels great to let go of so many things we don't need. To read more about this go here.
- It was time to see my doctor this week and while I always worry the 3 month test results will be disappointing, they were actually better than ever. My diabetes is in control and it is a great validation of how hard I work at this. The combination of my diet, exercise and medication are working just fine.
Linking with this new link party :-)
Ramblings of a Suburban Mom, Thursday Thoughts