- Cold, wet rain on a forsythia bush, almost ready to bloom. This is a perfect caption to the spring we are having. My only consolation is that I am hoping this means we can look forward to a mild summer.
- My book club read an amazing book this month and I highly recommend it. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler is a thought provoking and heart warming story of forbidden love and an unlikely friendship between two women of different generations and race. It flows back and forth between two eras in a seamless narrative of an interracial relationship that serves as a parallel to the women's friendship. There is an emotional ending that will stay with you well after you finish.
- The Real Housewives of Orange County has started off with drama that once again leaves me wondering how these women look at their behavior and feel proud. There has been a lot of talk about bullying, but I think they are just mean girls who find someone to gossip about and pick on, thus creating drama. Self awareness is a beautiful thing - and they don't have it :-)
- I have to admit I haven't been watching Dancing with the Stars as much as I would like. There just isn't that one dancer who has grabbed my interest. And, after watching Sean on the last Bachelor season, I can't help but feel duped by his regular guy persona. I think he has gone Hollywood.
- I am looking for new everyday dishes and can't seem to make a decision. I am pretty sure I will go with white, to work with the changes I have planned for my kitchen. However, should I get round or square plates? Maybe a combination of both? This weekend, a decision will be made :-)
Linking with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom, Thursday Thoughts