- We had this Italian Antipasto Salad for dinner last night and it was every bit as good as it looked on this pin from my favorite recipes board. I thought it was a really unique recipe with the addition of the giardiniera (pickled cauliflower, carrots and other vegetables) and the roasted red peppers. It gave it a very interesting, slightly spicy flavor. And the best part; healthy and filling.
- Another sure sign of spring, that I can count on, is the melting of the pond in the woods behind my house. The blue water is such a welcome sight after the endless gray landscape. We have even been treated to the sight of a white swan that has returned from its winter home. I love seeing the flash of white, on the water, as it spreads its wings.
- Dancing with the Stars felt bittersweet this week. I was sorry to see Lisa go, but she really did look like she was very frail and a silly show is not important enough to risk your health. I was surprised to see that people were accusing her of faking her illness and fainting spell. I would say, that's not Lisa's style at all.
- I have a plumber coming today for an annoying drip and a clog we have ignored for a while. I always put off calling repair people, because I hate waiting around for them to come. But, I am always happy and relieved when things are finally fixed.
- The return of baseball season and the Detrot Tigers makes me happy this week and I love being able to watch the games. As soon as it warms up, I look forward to attending a game at Comerica Park. Another reason to look forward to summer :-)
Also linking with these friends