Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

 

 

I have done my fair share of helping my daughters with projects over the years. I have been room mom, brownie leader and booster club president. You would think those days would be in the past, now that college is in the picture, but when they are involved and busy, you still pitch in when you can.

Melissa is in charge of the Pompon Alumni/Parent Tailgate at MSU this Saturday and thought it would be cute to give homemade dog biscuits to the dogs, brought along. Since she lives in a college house and has no rolling pin or other baking supplies, I offered to make them - and it was fun!

The biscuits are made just like cookies and the dough was very easy to work with. My puppy tried a few and loved them. I have never made homemade dog biscuits before, but they are so healthy with such simple ingredients, I would definitely make them again.

The final step was to put them in individual bags, tied with Spartan green - ready to pass out to all the dogs who attend the tailgate.

 

Recipe for Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Beat 2 eggs with hand mixer until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup pumpkin purée and 3 T peanut butter until mixed well. Add 2 1/2 cups flour. Separate dough in half and roll 1/2 on well floured surface. Cut with a cookie cutter (I used a dog bone shape) and place shapes on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Repeat with other 1/2 of dough.


Happy Wednesday and Happy Birthday to my hubby - you are the best!

 

{Linking with these friends}

Lil Luna

Made From Pinterest

A Stroll Thru Life

House of Rose

Diana Rambles

Your Home Based Mom

Savvy Southern Style

Handy Man Crafty Woman

The Charm of Home

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Serenity Now

Funky Junk Interiors

Between Naps on the Porch

Alderberry Hill

The Dedicated House

Cozy Little House

a bowl full of lemons

Kathe with an E

Life on Lakeshore Drive

Craftberry Bush

Live Laugh Rowe

A Delightsome Life

Cedar Hill Ranch

Skip To My Lou

The Shabby Creek Cottage

Rooted in Thyme

The Girl Creative

The Tablescaper

Jennifer Rizzo

DIY by Design

Common Ground

Coastal Charm


Sunny Simple Life (From The Farm)

 

22 comments:

  1. I bet my dogs would love these too. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet PEOPLE would like them too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic, would you mind if I pin it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs would love these too! Always looking for dog treats. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You read my mind. I have been wanting to make some homemade dog treats. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I am pinning your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea at Christmas! Can't forget about the pooches. They need gifts too! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea and these look like a wonderful doggy treat. My pups love peanut butter in their kong in the morning while I make coffee:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to try these, my dog doesn't seem to like store bought treats. Thanks for sharing at From The Farm Linky party! ~ MamaGing

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks an easy and quick recipe. Bet my puppy would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound great, hope I can do them justice. What a nice Mom you are to help out. I'm sure your daughter will be wowed with compliments. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable! You give me hope that when they are all gone, I'll still be able to be a part of things!

    Thankful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a grand-doggy that visits. I'll bet she would love some of these on her next visit. I will have to make sure I label them correctly or I can just see my husband sitting down with a big glass of milk and some "cookies". I would be sorely tempted not to tell him until after he had finished. Oh boy I am not very nice am I lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to make yummy treats for my pup! Thanks for sharing! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute :) I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki, that's so thoughtful! You have a wonderful daughter there! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun is this, I love this idea, and what a special treat. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to make these our dogs love peanut butter Would love it if you cam by and shared at One More Time Events..http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2013/09/share-it-one-more-time-at-one-more-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sure that there were some extra happy dogs after eating these delicious treats! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Sherman would love these treats. I've pinned your recipe to make for him in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love making treats for my dog and I can't wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This recipe is so easy! I definitely need to make these for my three littles ASAP. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved