- The apple orchards in this area, as I'm sure is the case everywhere, are extremely crowded this time of year, especially on the weekends. I try to avoid those kind of crowds, when I can. But, I was craving a cider doughnut - just one. Imagine how happy I was to see my grocery store had fresh from the orchard cider doughnuts for sale the other day, as well as bags of freshly picked apples. No need to fight the crowds :-)
- My kitchen update is moving along, but my window treatment of choice is not happening. I hadn't priced any kind of custom window treatment in a long time, and sticker shock has set in. Now to find a plan B. There may be a bare window for a while, until I figure something out.
- It is time for the blood test for my diabetes control and that always makes me a little nervous. I have been walking every day and eating well, so hopefully the results will show that. It is an ongoing process, so unfortunately, you never know for sure.
- We are going to a birthday dinner for my Mother's 80th birthday, this weekend. It will be nice to celebrate this milestone with family and friends. It will be a celebration of the love her children, grandchildren and friends have for her. And, since we are having it at a restaurant, the planning has been as easy as can be. My only job is to bring flowers for the tables :-)
- My thoughts about the Bravo Real Housewives have been on the light side lately, because I can't bring myself to watch The Real Housewives of New Jersey, any longer. The family drama is just too much and too much is happening in real life, that is not talked about. When one of the housewives (Teresa) is on her way to prison, the fun has stopped for me. Bring on Beverly Hills and the fabulous life of Lisa Vanderpump - that is what I want to see!
Linking with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom, Thursday Thoughts