Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hair Remedy

 

 

 

This winter's cold, with the constant dry heat coming out of the furnace vents, has really done a number on my hair. It's dry and filled with static, especially right after I wash and dry it. After begging my stylist for help at my last hair appointment, I discovered two products that have made a dramatic improvement for me.

First, my stylist recommended Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo. It really makes a difference in the texture of my hair and the shine was back within the first week of use. There is no lather, because of its natural, no sulfate blend and that took some getting used to, but my hair was loving it. And, it has that Aveda scent of lavender and chamomile that I love.

The second step to less dry hair, has been to wash it every other day and use a dry shampoo to help give it volume on the second day. This is where I have found an inexpensive product (less than $5) works just as well. Suave Dry Shampoo is non drying, gives tremendous lift to the roots and sprays both light and invisible. The reviews for this product are great and probably the best review is that sometimes it is hard to find in stock at the drugstore.

As I get older, my hair has gotten dryer and this winter forced me to find a solution. These two products have made the difference and my hair is shiny and full of life once again.

Happy Wednesday!

 

13 comments:

  1. I love Aveda products I'll have to give that one a try! I wish I didn't have to wash mine everyday...mine is so thin and oily I could never miss a day unless I was deathly ill! have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will be giving this a try:) Have a blessed day dear Vicki, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good suggestions Vicki. My hair stylist, Aveda Salon, suggested not washing my hair every day too. I thought, now how will I ever be able to pull that one off . . . but I tried it and what a difference it made in my hair! Unbelievable. More natural, shine, body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have problems with moisturizing..Makes my hair "flat"..My hair is fine and thin..Can't use product that makes it "heavy"..Might try the Aveda if I can find it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used Aveda products for years, until I discovered Moroccan Oil products. Love them!!! They are so less drying on my hair, and add great volume. I find I need less product as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As dry as my hair is these days, these are great and timely recommendations! My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, and washing it every day was just killing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking about buying a dry shampoo...thanks for the recommendation!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to give that dry shampoo a try.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing from ladies that have tried products and give them the thumbs up for us. You just can't believe ads anymore. I think Aveda has great products, I will check this shampoo out. A big difference in keeping my hair soft and healthy is using the new oils that are out. Dove has a very inexpensive one. I've used it before brushing out my wet hair and also a tiny bit on the ends after I dry it. That takes frizz and fly aways away.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have try the dry shampoo. I just cut my hair shorter and am finding that Day Two hair isn't working well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Suave dry shampoo. My hair is thin and tends to be oily, and I have bangs. The Suave adds another day or two before I need to wash. Will try the Aveda, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya on the dry hair . I have Aveda hair treatment oil but haven't tried the one you show here. The dry shampoos help and allow us to prolong time between washes.,and thats good:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just started using dry shampoo. I was skeptical but it definitely seems to work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved