Friday, May 23, 2014

Sparkling Raspberry Margarita (Skinny Version)

 

 

 

This nice weather and the start of Memorial Day Weekend has me in the mood for some patio time and that includes a fun and refreshing cocktail, that I can easily put together all summer long. My go to cocktail last summer was a Skinny Citrus Margarita, but I wanted to find a new flavor that would be easy to prepare, refreshing and most important to me, low carb, but still delicious.

 

 

I looked to see what I had on hand and grabbed a bottle of tequila, some triple sec and the secret ingredient to making any drink skinny - club soda. My raspberries in my fridge were a little soft, but perfect to make a quick purée for this drink. (When making purée for one cocktail, I use my mini food processor instead of dragging out my blender - it works like a charm!)

This summer inspired, skinny margarita is so delicious and the raspberry flavor is wonderful. I did not add any sweetener, because I prefer the flavor of the fruit to provide the sweetness, but you could add a splash of agave nectar if you like. Summer cocktail season has arrived :-)


Sparkling Raspberry Margarita ( Skinny Version)


1/3 cup raspberries (puréed)

1 ounce tequila

1/2 ounce triple sec

1 ounce lime juice

1/2 cup club soda

Splash agave nectar if desired


Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, filled with ice and shake well to mix. Pour over ice and garnish with raspberries, if desired. Enjoy!

 

Linking with these friends

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

This Gal Cooks

Mom's Test Kitchen

Between Naps on the Porch

Savvy Southern Style

Jennifer Rizzo

16 comments:

  1. Yum!!! May have to try it this weekend. Have a great one, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see at pattern developing with margaritas! My kinda girl!! Can't wait to try this. You need a "Pin It" button or am I over looking it? Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki! please post this recipe on Friday Favorites! Yum! pinning!!!! laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny I just said last night - Memorial Day call for margaritas this is perfect!

    Thanks!!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious, Vicki! The perfect drink to kick off summer. Just add guacamole and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a lot of different margaritas, but never raspberry. This sounds so refreshing on a hot summers night. Can't wait till my raspberries are ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your margarita looks delicious, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm craving one of these right now! I may have to make them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I bet this is a cool and refreshing drink! Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so refreshing and beautiful..Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds delicious! =)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why this is your go-to summer drink.
    Might be mine this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Skinny Margaritas are my favorite and this recipe looks delicious Vicki. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend. xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi...just to let you know how I found you- Savvy Southern Style- Wow Me Wednesday. First of all let me say I LOVE the fun happy look of your blog! I will start following. And, the drink looks so refreshing. I will have to try it for sure! Thanks for sharing.
    judypimperl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried this last weekend and loved it ! Just wanted to let you know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved