My sweet blog friend Lauren from Simply LKJ was kind enough to tag me in this blog question and answer series going around and I thought it would be fun to answer them today. Lauren is an empty nester like me, the mother of two girls like me and getting to know her through blogging has been a treat. She even has a mother in law who lives in Michigan, so we have that connection too! By doing this today, maybe you will learn something new about me whether you are a long time reader, or new to this blog.
1. Are you named after someone? Yes, I am named after my Mother's best friend. I didn't really like the name Victoria when I was younger, but started using it for business and grew to love it. Everyone I know still calls me Vicki or Vic, if they really know me well.
2. When was the last time you cried? That is easy - when my daughter Megan moved to Pittsburgh about a month ago. It wasn't a big cry; just a little misty eyed when she pulled away in her car. I miss her.
3. Do you have kiddos? Two daughters. Megan is 24 and Melissa is 20. Having grown up daughters is a new experience and very fun!
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? I hope so and try to be a thoughtful and loyal friend. Isn't that the best thing someone could say about you - that you are a good friend?
5. Do you have a guilty pleasure? Since I am a diabetic, my guilty pleasures are all the things I shouldn't have, but indulge in from time to time. Sometimes I like to have that second glass of wine, or that handful of M and M's. As long as it is a rare occurrence, everyone needs a splurge or life is just boring and predictable.
6. Do you like your handwriting? I don't hate it, but don't really love it either. It seems to have become a combination of printing and cursive over the years.
7. What's your favorite cereal? Special K with red berries.
8. What's the first thing you notice about people? Their smile. I don't care for people who look unhappy and frown a lot.
9. What's the color of your eyes? Green. I like that they are unique.
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Definitely happy endings. I hate, hate, hate scary movies and don't even watch the previews, if I can help it. I was traumatized when I saw The Exorcist in high school!
11. Favorite TV shows? All the BBC show like Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife and Last Tango in Halifax. I also enjoy the Real Housewives and The Bachelor, but mostly watch now to read and appreciate the funny and snarky recaps the next day. My new favorite show, which I have been catching up with on Netflix is Parenthood. What great characters and real life situations.
12. Summer or Winter? I actually like whatever season I am in at the time. But, Winter is too long here in Michigan. Could it please be over at the end of January?
13. Hugs or kisses? Hugs!
14. Do you have any special talent? I think a talent that is dying out is being able to sew. I regret never teaching my daughters how to sew and use a sewing machine.
15. Where were you born? Adrian, Michigan. I grew up in various small towns in southeastern Michigan and coundn't wait to get away. I've learned to appreciate small town values, as time has gone by.
16. What are your hobbies? Gardening, reading, cooking, golf
17. Do you have any pets? Yes, a Cockapoo named Cooper who is my walking buddy and a silly girl that makes me laugh every day.
18. Favorite movie? Terms of Endearment. I love a good tear jerker and this is the best. If it is on, I always watch. Gone with the Wind is my second choice. I will never forget seeing it at the movie theater when I was a young girl.
19. What color is your car? Black.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I'm happy with my life now. I believe in the quote " bloom where you are planted". This empty nest life can be a new adventure.
I am not tagging anyone, but feel free to answer the questions on your own. Have a wonderful weekend!