Friday, September 19, 2014

Recovering A Dining Room Chair

 

 

 

My update to my dining room has be stalled for awhile, but I am finally making progress and should finish by next week. The biggest job by far has been recovering the chairs. It is not that it was a hard job, but a temperamental stapler was causing issues that made the job go longer than I anticipated. I do love how they turned out and love the fabric I chose. It is simple, neutral and contrasts beautifully with the wood finish.

 

 

The method I used can be found with step by step instructions here, but I also have a few tips I discovered in the process.

1. Use the chair seat as a pattern to cut your fabric, leaving an additional 3 inches all around. Then, trim the extra fabric as you staple. It is easier to have more fabric to work with than not enough, especially on the corners.

2. Make sure and be aware of where the holes for the screws are located so you don't cover them with fabric.

3. The corners can be tricky, but I found they came out the best by pulling the fabric very tight and making small pleats as I stretched. I didn't care for the look of a fold or large pleat, but that is easier if you choose.

 

 

And finally, here is a sneak peak of some prints I will be using.

Happy weekend!

 

{Linking with these friends}


A Stroll Thru Life

My 1929 Charmer

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Serenity Now

Between Naps on the Porch

Cozy Little House

Craftberry Bush

Live Laugh Rowe

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

DIY by Design

Coastal Charm

Stonegable

Thrifty Decor Chick

10 comments:

  1. Pretty fabric VicI have done many chairs like that throughout my lifetime. Easy peasy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a very neat job on the chairs. I love the prints - are they magnolia blossoms?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is stripping the dining room table - will do the chairs later. Love your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really turned out pretty Vicki! I like the neutral fabric.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good - I like those prints too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fabric. I recover chairs and footstools on occasion. I find it helpful to have some one help me hold the fabric taunt as you said. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out beautifully:) LOVE the fabric! Enjoy your week ahead dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabric choice is very nice. I can't tell from the picture ~ is the fabric textured or is it tone on tone? Either way, it is a good choice.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved