I find this time of year; between seasons, a little challenging to always think of a blog topic, so I decided to give my blog friend Joyce's link up a try. Her questions are always fun and thought provoking and it seems like an interesting regular group of posters. If you are an empty nester like me, I think you will enjoy a visit to From This Side of the Pond. Joyce is a great writer and has a lot to share about the transition to an empty nest.
1. Speaking of April 15th...what's the most 'taxing' thing you've done recently?
I just completed my 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge and the hardest part is dropping off the donations at Goodwill. I had a trunkful this year, but it is a great feeling when it is finally done.
2. When did you last take a taxi somewhere and where was that somewhere?
Not too many taxis in my Midwestern suburb, but the last time was my trip to New York City, two summers ago. I went with my daughter Melissa and my sister and I was proud how proficient I was at finding us taxis as we traversed the city. Crazy drivers and traffic though!
3. What's something you can do today that you couldn't do a year ago?
The thing that is new to me this year is Instagram. I have found it a fun way to keep up with both family and blog friends. You can follow me @lifeinmyemptynest
4. How often is chicken (in some form or fashion) on your menu at home? Which of the following would you most like to see on your table tonight...a chicken salad sandwich, your mom's fried chicken, a Chick-fil-A meal, Cracker Barrel's chicken n' dumplings, a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings, or 'hold the chicken, I'm a vegetarian'...?
We have chicken fairly often and with barbeque season on the horizon, will have it even more, since we love it grilled. And, even though it's not the healthiest, I do love to order chicken n' dumplings when I go to Cracker Barrel - always with green beans and fried okra as my sides.
5. What was your favorite television program when you were a kid? What characters do you remember the most?
Of course, like many, The Brady Bunch was a favorite and I wanted to dress exactly like Marcia. Another favorite, though it was a short lived series, was Here Comes the Brides, because I loved Bobby Sherman.
6. What was the last piece of 'art' you made?
I am not an artist at all. I am a little crafty though and I did recently make a no sew table runner that I love.
7. What frustrates you most about the Internet?
I know they are necessary, but keeping track of all my different passwords makes me crazy. I take it as a personal challenge to remember them all - without peeking at my list.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
On my mind lately is Melissa's graduation from MSU in a few weeks. It is so hard to believe how fast these four years have gone. Her job search is going very well and I couldn't be more proud.