Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Simple Cranberry Margarita

 

 

 

There is a period of time in the spring where living amongst the trees is not as nice as it seems. This is the week when oak trees shed all manner of pollen covered fronds onto my patio and I spent a few hours yesterday sweeping and picking up the mess. My reward was this sparkling Cranberry Margarita that was so perfectly refreshing as I sat outside for the first time this season. This margarita has only three ingredients and the best thing is that these are ingredients that I always have on hand. So, whenever I am in the mood for a fun, happy hour cocktail this summer, this will be my go to drink.

 

 

I decided to serve it in a mason jar with a lot of ice and I think that small touch makes it so pretty. Sometimes it is the smallest touch that can make something simple, extraordinary.

 

Simple Cranberry Margarita


Using a mason jar or large cocktail glass, wet the rim with a damp paper towel and dip in kosher salt. Add a generous amount of ice to the glass. Add 1/8 cup tequila, 1/2 cup lemon lime soda ( I used Fresca) and 1/2 cup cranberry juice. Mix well and enjoy.

 

{Linking with these friends}


A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Serenity Now

Between Naps on the Porch

Cozy Little House

Craftberry Bush

Live Laugh Rowe

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

DIY by Design

No Minimalist Here

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm


Gooseberry Patch

Sunny Simple Life

 

 

15 comments:

  1. YUM! I love cranberry juice:) Have a blessed and beautiful day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound so refreshing and looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds refreshing but with the temperatures in the thirties, I will pass for today.
    YIKES . . . what is with this weather . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds and looks great! I love mason jars! I have them on my front porch and have candles in them and also use them for glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds delish and it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple to make, cute in the jar. I bet it's delicious.
    We're battling pollen too - my car, which sits under a big old maple is almost yellow from all the pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cranberry and margaritas together? I'm on board! Thank you for this unique spin on the margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hat is off to a gal who always has tequila in her pantry! This drink sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki - this looks yummy! Love the mason jar! - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure does look pretty in that jar! Party time!! lol! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds delicious! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big fan of margarita's! Looks so refreshing! Thanks for sharing on Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds wonderful and easy! Love it in the jar.

    Pinning. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved