Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sour Cream Banana Muffins Dipped in Sugar and Cinnamon

 

 

 

After working in my yard all weekend ( with a little more to do today) I needed a little pick me up this morning. Baking something yummy and sweet to go with my morning cup of coffee is always a good way to start the day, when I am up early. Two over ripe bananas were just waiting to be baked into banana bread or muffins and this recipe for Sour Cream Banana Muffins Dipped in Cinnamon and Sugar sounded too good to pass up.

The sour cream is such a wonderful addition to muffins or bread, making them extra moist and delicious. As always, I used the equivilent amount of Truvia in this recipe so I can cut down on the carbs in each muffin. I even used the Truvia to dip the muffins in at the end and the texture is similar to sugar, so it worked just fine. These muffins were such a treat ( especially warm from the oven) and a great way to start my morning :-)

 

Sour Cream Banana Muffins Dipped in Sugar and Cinnamon

 

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup sugar ( I used Truvia equivilent )

1 egg

1/4 cup butter, melted

3/4 cup sour cream

2 small bananas, mashed

1/4 cup milk

1 tsp vanilla

 

For topping:

1/4 cup melted butter

1/2 cup sugar ( I used Truvia equivilent)

1/4 tsp cinnamon

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place paper baking cups in a 12 cup muffin tin.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, making powder and salt. Set aside.

In another large bowl, whisk egg, then add sugar. Whisk until thick. Slowly add the melted butter. Whisk in the sour cream, mashed banana, milk and vanilla.

Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.

Divide the batter between muffin cups. Bake 25-30 minutes until tops are lightly golden.

For topping : while muffins are still warm, dip the tops in melted butter and then into sugar and cinnamon mixture. Let cool on a baker's rack.

 

{Linking with these friends}


A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson

Serenity Now

Between Naps on the Porch

Cozy Little House

Craftberry Bush

Live Laugh Rowe

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

DIY by Design

No Minimalist Here

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm


Gooseberry Patch

Sunny Simple Life

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Vicki, those look (and sound) so good!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have 2 over ripe bananas just waiting to be used for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this Vicki . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! Looks good and tasty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, that recipe sounds delicious! Enjoy your evening! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made banana cake and bread with over ripe bananas this week. I have some in the freezer and these sound delicious! I can see more banana baking in my future. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your muffins are the perfect way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved