Friday, July 3, 2015

Daisies Are Blooming

 

 

 

Just like clockwork every year, at the end of June or the earliest days in July, my patch of daisies are blooming on the sunny side of my house. I inherited this patch when I moved in my home twenty years ago and it is well established and requires very little mantinence beyond cutting them back in the late summer.

 

 

 

Every day for the next month or so, there will be new blooms to enjoy. I go out with my gardening scissors, sometimes in the morning when the dew is still on the flowers and cut a few of these happy flowers.

 

 

There are vases scattered around the house; from my kitchen table to the bathroom counters to the bedrooms. They are simple arrangements with maybe just a flower or two in a small vase, but their very simplicity makes me smile. A sweet part of my summer year after year.

Have a wonderful weekend.

 

Linking with Between Naps on the Porch, No Minimalist Here, New House New Home and Savvy Southern Style

 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful daisies! I love having pretty blooms that I can clip and bring inside to enjoy:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other thing I love about daisies is how their foliage stays nice even after they bloom. So many others die off or get spindly and icky. Your bed is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love daisies, Vicki, and yours look beautiful! Enjoy your 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisies are my favorite flower and yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine are just starting to bloom too. That reminds me, I better get out and cut some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up with What's Blooming This Week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved