Just for fun, I'm joining with Joyce and her Hodgepodge questions today. Happy Wednesday!
1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
I find it hard to believe, since we moved so much in the first 10 years of our marriage, but our last relocation was from New Jersey, where Melissa was born, to our current home in Michigan. That was 21 years ago! And, now as empty empty nesters we may be on the move again in the next few years. It will be much harder to move now, because we have accumulated a lot more stuff. Moving often means you become rather streamlined in your belongings. The best thing about moving is the adventure of it all. I have loved living in different parts of the country so much. We have lived in Dallas, Memphis, New Jersey (Philadelphia) and 2 stints in Detroit.
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
Just last week, I was moved to tears seeing my whole family together on vacation and seeing how much it meant to my parents. It's hard getting all our young adults together at once, but we pulled it off and it was so worth it.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
Really, the only time I eat fast food anymore is in the car when traveling. It never tastes as good as I think it's going to, so it usually comes with a side of regret. My go to snack has always been red twizzlers - so perfect when driving.
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
I don't really have a favorite song, but do love listening to satellite radio in the car - we were listening to the 70's station on our recent trip and song after song was a trip down memory lane. So fabulous!
5. What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
Probably the ATM drive thru, but we did recently have a Starbucks with a drive thru open close to us and it will be used often, I am sure. I remember when my girls were little, the drive thru pharmacy was a life saver when they were sick.
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
I am not in the category of a quick decision maker. I have to think things through and I don't necessarily think that's bad. I am very comfortable not making snap decisions and don't feel that I have lost out on much.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
With my phone GPS it is pretty easy not to get lost anymore - except when it's wrong. Or I can't see the screen without my glasses. It's a great thing and I don't know what we did without it, but it is stressful when that voice says you are there and it's obvious you are not.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have started a small part time job doing some PR work for a friend who recently started a company and needed some help with writing and social media. So far it's been great, but it does give a little different rythym to my days. I didn't think I would work again, so it's been an adjustment in mindset, but I think all in all it will be a good thing.