Friday, April 15, 2016

Fashion Friday - Dresses

 

 

There is a wedding on my calendar the first weekend in May and I have started thinking of dress possibilities. It may still be cool here, so the dress will be covered with a wrap at some points in the day, but I still want a springtime look, hopefully with color. I am going to stay away from the standard little black dress that I usually gravitate to. My style choices are usually simple and classic and hopefully a dress I can wear for other occasions. Since I am fairly short and also short waisted, I have to be mindful of shape and a classic sheath, a line or fit and flare without a defined waist, usually will look the best.

Just a quick look and I found some really pretty choices. My favorite is the the first one - the lovely green with pretty cut outs would be so perfect for a spring wedding. However, the other choices are very pretty too. Any favorites? I will update when I choose.

 

Laser Cut Fit and Flare

 

Boat Neck Lace Sheath

 

Floral Print Crepe de Chine Sheath

 

Appliqué Crepe A Line

 

Posie Fit and Flare Twirl Dress

 

 

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

Linking with Fashion Should Be Fun - Style Over 40

8 comments:

  1. The lace and navy crepe dresses are my fav. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the dresses...but i heart the last one. I became addicted to Outlander this past month. Starz TV had the 1st and 2nd seasons as a marathon and copies all of them. Watched season 1 and starting season 2. Season 3 started last week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresses are all so cute! Can't wait to see which one you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very pretty!! I love the first one, but my first choice wouuld be the floral print crepe de chine. IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number one looks perfect and
    the Posie Fit and Flare Twirl Dress looks comfy and fun . . .
    It would probably get my vote . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous choices, Vicki! I tend to go for darker colors, not only for the slimming effect but for the season. May is a great time for bringing out spring colors..I guess you might consider if it's a day or evening wedding. If at night, I would go for the navy blue---it caught my eye. The mint colors are beautiful, too, especially for a day event.

    Your last post with the books, I have to check those out!

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dresses! I also have a wedding to attend that weekend and was hoping to wear something colorful rather than my customary LBD...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
I would love to hear from you, so I can get to know you better :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

family, books, gardening, simple DIY projects, golf, up north, msu football, football saturday tailgates, detroit red wings, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, pedicures with my daughters, martinis, pinterest

Search This Blog

Sent to your inbox

BBC (14) blog (22) books (120) christmas (62) cocktails (34) Diabetes (57) DIY (95) downsizing (13) empty nest (69) entertaining (50) faith (20) family (104) florida (1) food (209) friends (103) gardening (67) health and beauty (8) home (127) life (380) movies (9) my daughters (133) nature (48) pinterest (94) pinterest success (47) puppy (24) reality tv (36) recipe redo (8) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (21) sports (59) tv and movies (68) walking (41) wedding (1)

 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Meta Wulandari
Friends of Pfister
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved