Friday, April 1, 2016

Rainy Day Yoga




When a rainy day comes along and I know there will be no walking, besides the walk to the mailbox, I get my exercise and stress relief with a yoga session, right at home.
It feels amazing to light a candle or two in a room made gloomy from the rain, spread out my yoga mat and begin the gentle stretches. The voice on the DVD I use is soothing, as well as the background music. I practice yoga for three benefits - flexibility, weight bearing exercise and stress busting. These are important to everyone, but especially for a fifty year old type 2 diabetic.
Yoga does not have to be intimidating. My Yoga Over 50 DVD has a variety of practices; both short and long. The yoga instructor gives easy to understand direction and corrections and lets you know how to adjust if you are feeling pain.
You will come away calm and your body will feel in alignment, especially your back. And, a rainy day can be the perfect day for doing something positive for yourself.
Have a wonderful weekend!

{Linking with these friends}

Savvy Southern Style
Between Naps on the Porch
21 Rosemary Lane
Stonegable

9 comments:

  1. I will definitely checking out that DVD. I need something to do at home and the over 50 part and SOOTHING voice sounds perfect! Have a great weekend! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation . . .
    I've been looking for something for "at home" yoga . . .
    Looks perfect . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check out your link. I've never done Yoga, but I do love to stretch out the muscles after sitting behind my desk for hours. Have a good weekend..hope the rain stops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! !
    I am grateful to always nice blog message.
    "Welcome to Okayama in Okayama Prefecture of Japan from April 1 to June 30, the Land of Sunshine!
    Enjoy a side of Japan crafted specially for you. "It has been held.
    Please come by all means to play.
    https://ryoma2sakamoto.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga is the only thing that keeps this old body moving. I take at least one class a week at the local community centre, but also do some unstructured stretching every day. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  6. I attend a Gentle Yoga class two days a week. I love it! Sounds like this DVD would be a good thing to have on hand for other days or if I have to miss a class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Accept with you about the idea of Yoga. I too have heard many useful tips on doing Yoga. Need to try it out. All the best for your work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is very impressive and have the useful information it is really caught my attention.
    _______
    Fashions

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (27) family (160) florida (125) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (131) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (533) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (26) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved