Friday, December 9, 2016

Winter White Peppermint Baked Doughnuts

 

 

 

A snowy morning seemed a good time to make some fun, snow inspired, baked doughnuts. I am having so much fun with my doughnut pan and there are so many recipes with unique or seasonal flavors to try. And, the best thing about making your own doughnuts at home, is that I can control the ingredients and sugar content if I wish. These have icing made with powdered sugar, but I could easily leave that off if I choose and I always use Truvia when I bake to lower the suger amount.

The icing has a hint of peppermint extract, perfect for the winter season and the white sprinkles give these doughnuts a sophisticated, yet fun touch. I have seen snowflake sprinkles at the store and they would be even more fun and whimsical. I'm having one with my coffee this morning, but they would also pair perfectly with a mug of hot chocolate for a fun winter treat. If you don't have a doughnut pan, you don't know what you are missing :-)

Happy Friday!

 

Winter White Peppermint Baked Doughnuts

 

For Batter

2 cups flour

3/4 cup sugar (I used Truvia)

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup milk

1/4 tsp lemon juice

2 beaten eggs

2 T melted butter

 

For Icing

2 cups powdered sugar

3 T milk

1/4 tsp peppermint extract

 

White sprinkles

 

Add lemon juice to milk (makes buttermilk). Spray doughnut pan with cooking spray. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Add beaten eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix until just combined. Fill each ring (6) of doughnut pan to top, leaving center hole open. Bake at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until tops spring back when pressed. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes then remove and place on wire rack. In a small bowl that will allow doughnuts to be dipped, combine icing ingredients and stir until smooth. Dip the tops of doughnuts in icing and sprinkle with decorations one at a time. Enjoy!

 

{Linking with these friends}

French Country Cottage

A Stroll Thru Life

Savvy Southern Style

The Charm of Home

Have a Daily Cup

Between Naps on the Porch

Skip To My Lou

Rooted in Thyme

Craftberry Bush

21 Rosemary Lane

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

Momfessionals

6 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I never baked with Truvia, is it a one for one swap with sugar? Might give this a try, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! If I were a coffee drinker, I could so see myself enjoying these delicious pastries, but alas! I'll have to enjoy them with my Diet Coke instead! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I love the photo I've seen a few times of a donut called a big cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I just ruined my diet by looking at those beautiful doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! AND... they are beautiful! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Doughnut Pan and your recipe . . .
    What a perfect gift . . .
    Happy Merry Days Vicki . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved