Monday, January 9, 2017

Golden Globe Favorites

 

 

I had my glass of wine ready and the television turned to the proper channel to catch the start of the Golden Globes award show, but felt from the very beginning it was quite mediocre. Who doesn't like Jimmy Fallon, but after the opening, he was very quiet and under utilized.

As usual, there were nominees from a lot of television shows and movies I haven't seen, but having just finished The Crown on Netflix, I was happy to see it win best television drama. Also, seeing Claire Foy, who plays Queen Elizabeth, accept the best actress award was fun, since her personality seems quite different than the tightly wound character she embodies. And, I must go see LaLa Land soon and see what all the hype is about.

My favorite thing is always the lovely and glamorous gowns, but I really had to look hard to find more than a handful of favorites. It really is amazing to me that so many of these actresses fall short of the mark considering they have so much help getting ready and a stylist to pick their gown. Still, there were a few overall looks that caught my eye.

 

Carrie Underwood

 

Felicity Huffman

 

Kristen Bell

 

Lily Collins

 

Laura Dern

 

Happy Monday!

 

3 comments:

  1. I didn't watch but caught the highlights on GMA this morning:) LOVE the gowns! Enjoy your day dear Vicki, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the red carpet show and only watched about an hour of the show. I kept wondering where Jimmy Fallon was. My favorite was Reese Witherspoon in the yellow, which I think was a popular color for the night. I decided to forego my list this year and wait for the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of those gowns would be prettier if the necklines weren't so low and wide. I'm sick of seeing boobs everywhere. And it's not exactly the most attractive look on people either.
    But the creativity of styles is definitely something lately!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved