Friday, February 17, 2017

I Will Miss This

 

 

 

This picture perfectly embodies my book club and what I will miss when I move. We gather around a table each month for a lovely meal prepared by our hostess. There are always special touches, such as a beautiful centerpiece or place settings thoughtfully put together to create just the right ambience. There is always wine and there is always great conversation.

There were a lot of mentions this time about my impending move and how it will be a sad occasion. Many have already downsized and moved, but locally. I will be the first in the group to move to another state. We have been together as a group for over ten years and have been there for each other in big and small ways. We are much more than a book club at this point. I know I will find a book club in Florida, but will miss the long term connection and the depth of feeling that comes with it. We know each other's struggles without having to explain and we know that we will be there for each other during the hard days. We all need our girlfriends and these ladies are truly the best.


 

P.S. We did also discuss a book over the best chocolate cake with mocha frosting I have ever eaten. Our book this month, Brain On Fire, a memoir by Susannah Cahalan, was a facinating read and a real life medical mystery. The author, a twenty four year old, healthy journalist had her life suddenly turned upside down as doctors struggled to determine if her symptoms were severe mental illness or if there was a physical problem with her brain.

Have a wonderful weekend! The next few days will be filled with house showings, so a lot of time will be spent staying away from home and finding something to keep us occupied. Another step closer to Florida.

 

8 comments:

  1. HI Vicki
    Ohh that sounds like a good read! I am attending a going away party for a dear friend who is nearing an empty nest and her and her husband decided to move to CA to be closer to their college age son! I will miss her, but she is giddy about the move! I think it's kind of awesome! When do you actually move? laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when that book came out. I've been curious about it. I'm sure your buds will miss you as much as you will miss them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friendships will only grow stronger....when it's so special, y'all will do everything to keep your bond. And when they come to see you in Florida.....y'all will have a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting closer and closer . . .
    It will be indeed . . . one bit of "best" that you will miss . . .
    I am sure you will be welcomed back for an occasional cameo . . .
    All the best for the showings and sale . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like your book club is a part of our lives, too! You've shared so many fun times with us as well as great books. I know you will find a group and make new friends...not better friends, but we do evolve. You are such a friendly, out going person...you are going to have many friends very soon to distract you from any sadness!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. As often as you've brought us along ... we're gonna miss them also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am a member of a book club and I so look forward to our once a month meet up! I hope you can find one once you get settled.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that your home selling goes smoothly and quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved