Thursday, May 25, 2017

Greetings From Florida

 

 

 

 

 

This post is coming to you from Florida and I couldn't be happier. Of course, I miss Michigan, my daughters, all my friends and everything familiar and I will always be a Midwestern girl at heart, but there is something about Florida that is stealing my heart too.

We have been busy, but have made time for some fun too. We tried the dog beach and my puppy hated it with a burning passion, but will try again when the surf is a little calmer. We have enjoyed lunch sitting outside as much as possible and in spite of the heat, with shade and ceiling fans going, it really quite comfortable. Today we went to a beachside restaurant and with a strong gulf wind blowing and the waves crashing, it was really a wonderful and relaxing way to spend the afternoon.

Yesterday was spent furniture shopping and we found some great things. We will have a neutral base with added color; turquoise, greens and blues. It was a bold choice for this northern girl, but my kitchen bar stools are a pretty blue-green shade and I love everything about them in my all white kitchen. We close on Friday and new furniture deliveries start coming that same day. Unfortunately, the moving compsny gave us a delivery date later than we hoped and since we need to move out of our rental, we will be camping out in the new house one or two nights. We could move into a hotel, but frankly, just want to be finally at home. Luckily, a new king size bed is one of the things we purchased here.

I'll keep you posted when I can.

 

14 comments:

  1. Yay!! So happy for you and I can't wait to hear more about how you're adjusting to the climate, culture, and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my . . . the new journey is happening . . .
    Exciting . . .
    I hope "the pup" adjusts to the differences soon . . .
    What fun it will be settling in . . .
    Bet there will be plenty of golfing days . . .
    I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Have a great time getting used to your new house. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for y'all! Welcome to your new southern home. I bet you will love the weather. I complain about the heat and humidity of Houston, but I sure enjoy the mild winters. Hope everything goes smoothly with the move and furniture deliveries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to your new home! How exciting! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your decorating progress and of all the fun places you'll get to visit in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! It will be like a long vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad you are in your new home state. Hope the rest of your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting...I know it's not always easy to do a huge change but its all about you and your hubby now! You really sound happy. Keep us posted on all the moving in and adventures out!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOOOHOOOO!!! Not gonna say I told us so....but I knew you'd love it!!!
    I'm on the beach this week too and have thought of you SO many times! It's jusgotta be like a kid in a candy store for a northerner to get the taste of the south on their skin!!!
    My kids and grandkids are in heaven...watching them run, holler, catch sand crabs and LAUGH makes me one happy mama/YaYa!!! Your kids will turn back into 5 yr olds when they hit that beach!!
    So hoping you and I can meet up one day down here...
    My heart is singing cuz you sound so happy!!!!!
    (Just don't let those Florida Gators swing u to their side...heheheh!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad things are going well Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're finally in FL. I've enjoyed following your transition and I know you must be happy to be somewhat settled. We're (almost) empty nesters too, and my parents moved to FL from Kansas City a few years back. We enjoy visiting them there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have eaten at Sharkey's! Beautiful beginning to your new life! Have a blessed day dear Vicki, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are enjoying your new town! Good luck with the deliveries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We camped in our house for four days before the moving van arrived (back in 1989). Made it kind of fun though! Glad you are 'home' and settling in!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (159) florida (123) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (193) nana time (4) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved