Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal

 

 

 

Between the pumpkin spice coffee I have been enjoying lately and making this pumpkin flavored baked oatmeal, I have definately been craving fall flavors. It's like we all have an internal clock that goes into effect once fall arrives and the flavors of apple, pumpkin, squash and cinnamon sound especially good. We pull out all our fall recipes, made with these ingredients and enjoy spending time in the warm kitchen, cooking and baking.

This Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal is a recipe I came up by using a basic recipe for baked oatmeal and adding fall flavors and spices. The pumpkin pie spice gives this a wonderful scent while baking and the use of sugar free maple syrup keeps the sugar amount to a minimum. This is the perfect fall breakfast. Enjoy!

 

Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal


2 cups regular oatmeal

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 egg, beaten

1 1/2 cups milk ( I used fat free)

1 cup pumpkin purée

1 tsp vanilla

4 T maple syrup ( I used sugar free)

Chopped pecans


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix oatmeal, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder. In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, egg, milk, vanilla and maple syrup. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir well. Pour in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake for 40 minutes or until set.

 

{Linking with these friends}

Stonegable

Rattlebridge Farm

All She Cooks


Between Naps on the Porch

Savvy Southern Style


 

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge pumpkin fan. I like pie at Thanksgiving but that's about it. I do have a good baked oatmeal recipe made with apples, which is a flavor I love this time of year. I like the baked oatmeals! Have a good day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy-I love all things pumpkin. I have been sick for several weeks. One week all I ate was pumpkin pie from Costco. I want to make some homemade pumpkin lattes. Have a great Wednesday, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! I love anything pumpkin this time of the year! I am hosting a brunch next week. I think I will add this to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great, Vicki! I too have been drinking Pumpkin Spice Coffee (Archer Farms brand). I see Dunkin Donuts has some out as well.
    I'll be making pumpkin torte for dessert this wknd - I generally make a dessert just once a week, on the wknd when we have family over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pumpkin anything so will try this. I also love squashes this time of year have you ever tried a
    cuczzza(gaguzza). Its an Sillician gord. It makes great stew. See about it at
    http://cindymarie-emptynest-challenge.blogspot.com/2014/09/day-55-cucuzza-gaguzza.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just baked oatmeal apple, cinnamon and nuts . Very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Pumpkin ideas . . .
    I have been looking for a new breakfast idea . . . I might give the Pumpkin Oatmeal a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
Comments are my favorite, so I can get to know you :-)

I always answer comments via email, but if your settings don't allow that, your reply will be here. (So come back to see my reply or check the box for follow up comments)



Michigan ➡️ Florida
family, books, gardening, palm trees, the beach, golf, up north, msu football, detroit tigers, walking with my dog, trying new recipes, musicals, BBC, martinis, yoga, lilly

Search This Blog


Follow on Bloglovin



about me (12) BBC (25) blog (34) books (171) christmas (90) cocktails (48) Diabetes (68) DIY (100) downsizing (22) empty nest (97) entertaining (67) faith (26) family (160) florida (124) florida house tour (12) food (291) friends (130) gardening (80) health and beauty (13) home (143) Let’s Cook Together (3) life (531) movies (11) my daughters (194) nana time (5) nature (50) pinterest (120) pinterest success (68) puppy (28) quarantine (18) reality tv (37) recipe redo (12) repurpose (2) sewing (4) shopping (23) sports (74) tv and movies (89) walking (50) wedding (25) yoga (14)

 

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved